anybody use a maya wrap?

i really am interested in buying the maya wrap, but i have yet to talk to someone who has had one. if you have any experience with it, i would love to hear it before i spend a ton of money on one. thanks ladies!

Michelle451

Asked by Michelle451 at 9:38 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use one and I love it. It can accommodate small infants, larger infants and toddlers and they come with a Free DVD that shows you how to wear each size. It's also nice because once your baby can kind of sit up then you can wear the wrap so some of their weight is off your back and rested on your hip. There are also so many fun patterns to pick from.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 9:46 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have an Eden Mei Tai and love it. I had the Ergo carrier when we had Tanner and wasn't impressed. The Mei tai is super easy to use and comfortable. If you want to test it out, let me know, I'll let you borrow it for a couple of days.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:15 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I had one, barely used it. My son absolutely hated that thing. We also had a baby bjorn which he loved so it wasn't the baby wearing he hated. I tried every position I could think of and he just did not want to sit in it.

I suggest waiting till the baby is born before buying anything like that. Much easier to get a feel for it with a baby inside and you can see what they prefer too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• A Maya is basically a ring sling. Yes, I have one. Love it. Preferred it for when my son was a bit bigger, 15+lbs. Prior to that I used a Moby Style wrap.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:20 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I have one, I think it's great but it does have a few problems. When my son was about a month old he would go to sleep in it which was great, unfortunately it does get really warm in there and if he spends too long in it while I'm walking around we both start to overheat It also hurts my back after awhile. I mostly use it for trips to the store and walking the dog, or any shorter trip where I don't want to have to lug around the carseat.
    DragonflyNikki

Answer by DragonflyNikki at 11:28 PM on May. 10, 2009