How many Momas learned music signatures before they had children?

Did you learn all the keys or only a few. Did you play an instrument or sing? Was it important to you to do this before having children? ////

MomaNana2008

Asked by MomaNana2008 at 9:40 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• What do you mean?
    Anonymous

• No. I sing my son rock songs or ballads in lullaby form. They're the only songs I know. It took me forever to remember nursery rhymes. I mostly just make up songs...and I sing off-key, but it's okay b/c he still likes it & I make him smile. I really want to try acoustic guitar, though.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:14 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I played piano for 7 years, from the time I was 10 till 17. My husband is a musician as well.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:19 PM on May. 9, 2009

• ive played piano since i was 6 and trumpet since i was 11 bass clarinet in college trombone in 8th baritone 9th-11th grade. and i sing.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Me me me! I was a band nerd. I was 1st, 2nd and 3rd clarinet for 7 hrs...and loved it lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I learned a lot of different instruments, but I actually played the drums, percussion, and auxilliary. It definitely shows with my daughter. We love listening to music and she's INCREDIBLE at picking up beats. She's only two.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:43 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I play guitar and I was in choir for many, many years, so I know music signatures like the back of my hand! We sing and dance all the time. I recently caught my oldest daughter (2 years) singing "Reflection" from Mulan (currently our favorite Disney flick)...she did a damn good job, too!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:09 PM on May. 9, 2009