Do you consider Male Doctors better than Female Doctors ?

This is in regards to pregnancy only.////

MomaNana2008

Asked by MomaNana2008 at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my son I had a female doctor and she was horrible, with my daughter I never seen the actual doctor, it was the NP the whole time and for delivery my "doctor" was on vacation so I had a male doctor do everything and he was AMAZING, so gentle, kind, he cared, showed respect, came and introduced himself. I sear I found out I was preggo with my daughter when I was 2 weeks and I never once met my actual doctor. So from my experiences I would say a male doctor, but that is from my experience, you never know you can come across a nice woman doctor.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 9:47 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh no. Not in my opinion I think women are much more sensitive, gentle and understanding. Except for one woman doctor I had.. Idiot.. But I perfer the female doctor I have now.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I had an on-call male ob/gyn a couple times & he had absolutely no bedside manners or sensitivity whatsoever. He was such a jerk. I had no idea why he was an ob. He seemed more like a podiatrist or something less personal. The female obs are a lot sweeter, but I've seen a couple that were complete witches, though.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd prefer a woman doctor, and I love the one I have, she's amazing and very caring and she isnt judgemental of the fact that I'm young. She's always super concerned about mine and my baby's wellbeing.
    I had a horrible experience with a male OB when I had to be rushed to the ER at 10 weeks due to bleeding, he treated me like I was some kid who just got knocked up for the hell of it. He wasn't gentle at all, and he wasn't sanitary! It was so nasty, I wanted to kick him in the head, and I'm so amazed my mom and fiance didn't try to kill him.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 10:21 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i had a female OB when i was in alabama and she was rude and not gentle at all although i told her ahead of time that i am always afraid at those appointments. when i moved back to illinois a few months ago i switched to a male OB who is fantastic. he's super gentle, talks me through everything he is doing, and he actually listens to my questions. he happened to be at the hospital a few weeks ago when my mom and i had to admit my sister and when he saw me in the waiting room he ran over and asked if everything was ok. i thought this was awesome considering he's got SO many patients and he actually remembered my name and face! i hope i never have to stop seeing this doctor.
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 10:43 PM on May. 9, 2009

• In my experience I say a male dr.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 10:43 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I prefer female doctors. Any time I've had a male doctor he's sat there and talked to me about how my body is "supposed" to work. It frustrated me that they never truly understood what I was talking about or anything because everything they knew they learned from somewhere else and not from experience. I do prefer female doctors, but I have to say that I've met some pretty ignorant female doctors also- the first female doctor I had had never had children. So basically she was like any other male doctor- reiterating what she had learned elsewhere and not from experience. It's not just the sex of the doctor, to me, but their experience that I look for.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i prefer a female dr. They know what we feel when it comes to certain things. And Im not comfortable with anyone esp a male looking at my private parts except my hubby. A female has the same things i do so shes seen it all before.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 11:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have a male OB now and he's fantastic. Very sympathetic and understanding, *much* better than the female OB in the practice who I had to see twice (just cycling through so I met everybody...). In a slightly more specific vein, I've noticed that of 6 people who've checked my cervix in the past 8 months, the 3 men were all very gentle and the 3 women were all much more rough. Interesting.
    busyizzybsmom

Answer by busyizzybsmom at 11:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I went with a Midwife. Woman who have had babies...and well are woman.. KNOW exactly what you are feeling and know what's going on with your body. Men just learned it from a textbook. I need my dr. to have experienced what I'm experiencing.

I only spread my legs for one man and that's my hubby! LOL
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2009