What is the weather like at Myrtle Beach in September?

We were thinking of going to Myrtle Beach for a vacation, but the cheapest rates apply in September. I don't want to go to the beach if its cold/cool and we can't enjoy it. Can someone fill me in? Where is the cheapest place to stay, no matter what time of year?

eyef0undnem0

Asked by eyef0undnem0 at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Travel

• Hot and humid, think Hurricanes and tropical storms. September is when all the families go back home for school and all the old people commonly called Snowbirds, from up north return to live there in their winter homes down south.
    Anonymous

• We usually go to Myrtle Beach in July, but when our kids were younger we went one year in September. We left the Tuesday after Labor Day. The weather was hot just like it was when we've gone in July. I would try to go earlier in September rather than later. I know that hurricanes can occur at any time, but it seems that mid to late September was more likely to have bad weather. Our vacation was very inexpensive that year because the rates dropped after Labor Day.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 2:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I live in South Carolina and it will still be humid and fairly hot. The water will still be warm. We go in the ocean in April.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:54 AM on May. 13, 2009

• oh just a little FYI the Atlantic hurricaine season runs June through November.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:56 AM on May. 13, 2009