Baby shower ettiquet????

Is it proper to have a baby shower before or after the baby is born?
Or does it not matter?

Gwynyth

Asked by Gwynyth at 9:48 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I really don't think it matters,but I have mostly seen ones done before,so when the baby is born ,it will have things it needs.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Doesn't matter, but usually before. like a month or two before babys due date. My "surprise baby shower" was on March 15th of 08, and my son was born on March 16th of 08 right on time I guess. haha It would have been nice to have a shower when you arent counting contractions all day tho. I couldnt really enjoy myself because I was at four minutes apart all day. With this baby I plan to throw my own shower. lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Doesn't matter! At my former church they loved to do it after the baby was born-then everyone gets to hold the baby! :-) Personally I think it makes more sense to wait unless you know the sex of the baby beforehand. But it is really just your preference, or the person giving it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It doesn't matter, now a day people like to do it after so they can see the baby and enjoy the new one in the family. Before the baby is born is better for the parents because it's not so hectic, sometimes the mom is really stressed and tired for the first few weeks after birth. So it all depends on the new mommy to be!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would for sure give it BEFORE the birth. I just know that the days after the birth, I was exhausted, sore, not so secure with my post baby body, and not really wanting to socialize. Also, having it before ensures you will have all the stuff you need at the arrival.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• As far as etiquette goes, it's perfectly appropriate to have a baby shower before or after the baby is born. I've had them before and after & they were all nice. It really doesn't matter  :)

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:00 PM on May. 9, 2009

• the principal at the school at work at, her baby came really early and at her baby shower...she had her brand new 6 week old there.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It doesn't matter. Most people have theirs before nowawadays.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:20 PM on May. 9, 2009