your kids best bed time procrastination...

so my dd was going for the record tonight, shes 3, and these are all the excuses i've gotten so far....theres a bug in my room(last night there was a mosquito so had to check b/c she has a new fear of bugs), i have a booboo, the bug got me, i want more milk, i need to pee, i peed, mommy i love you, she dropped her bear and wouldn't get it herself b/c of the monsters, i need a bandaid, i want to play, is the sun up yet?, its too dark, its too scary, and mommy can you sing a lullaby, ...all this after already doing the reg night time routine of bath, 3 books/warm milk w/books, brush teeth, me scaring away monsters, and then singing a lullaby w/her...i'm past the point of even checking unless she yells for more than 10 mins and then i'll check but i swear if i get another excuse i might jump out her bedroom window!!! (its only the second story i'll be ok) shes been in bed for 1 1/2 hours and still coming up w/them

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:19 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids are always starving when it's bedtime. Then we go through the "I Love You's" a hundred times, I forgot to brush my teeth...the list goes on and on. And they're 12 and 9....lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 10:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have to pee (all of a sudden) and then one squirt comes out.
    I'm hungry (all of a sudden even though they've been playing and chit chatting for hrs and never mentioned hunger after dinner)
    Read a story (then they pick the LONGEST book)
    I didn't brush my teeth (yes you did)
    I didn't give [whoever isn't around] a kiss (yes you did)
    I'm thirsty (it takes half an hr to drink a cup of water)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Try keeping her up a half hour later. Sounds like she's just not very tired. I used to babysit my niece when I was in HS and her mom worked nights. She would call me into her room 100 times. Sometimes she would just want to "Talk about the Tin Man". (Loved the Wizard of Oz). It was so cute, but soooo annoying! My kids never really did it, though.
    Anonymous

• Mommy one more kiss, Mommy one more story, Mommy I need milk I'm thirsty, have to go poo poo, have to go pee pee, My heart is breaking, I miss you, Sleep with me, Can I watch just one cartoon, I need to talk to you, Where's Daddy?, Why aren't you going to bed??, What are you drinking, mommy?, Don't you love me anymore?

It is seriously silly stuff like that, and it can go on for hours... She hasn't taken a nap today, and its 10:30 and she is still asking me crazy ?'s...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yay! i'm not the only one going nuts tonight! no i know shes tired she has the same bed time every night and wakes up at the same time every morning. and to top it off she spent 3 hours outside today so its more over tired than it is not tired
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:39 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My son always asks me what he's gonna do if he ends up on the wrong dream. He has to have a long discussion about it every night.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• im hungry(starving acually), becuase i never feed him. lol even though he just ate half an hour before.
    or im thirsty, or gotta poop, becuase that takes forever and he knows it.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 10:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• They are only two but they like to come up with every animal and sing the abby and ryan "old Mc donald had a farm"

They are usally only in there for 30 mins tops before they pass out though... A little scared for the future of excuses....
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 10:47 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh, my 2 year old stalls by asking me to kiss each and every stuffed animal in her bed (there are about 8 favorites at any given moment)...but she waits til I reach the door to do so! So, I'll kiss her and say "Goodnight, Sarah" and start to leave...then I hear "Wait! Kiss Kitty!"....so I kiss Kitty...say goodnight, again..."Wait! Kiss Teddy". I figured her out and sometimes will go along with it and other times I say "Here's a blown kiss to all your friends" and then I'll leave. And occasionally we NEED water or milk.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2009

• right now its 1130 here in nj and my kids have been "in bed" since 730- first it was im thirsty and after the drink came i have to pee- then its i cant find tigey! (my 5 yr olds comfort toy) and then after fetching tigey it was i cant find poohla bear! (my 3 yr old comfort toy, lol he says poohla instead of pooh) then after all of that it was im hot can u turn on the fan? then daddy came home from work- perfect timing! and then there was 30 minutes of jumping up and down yay daddy ur home! then after i wrangled them again it was dont forget the night light! then the monsters came out and i had to go spray the monster be gone spray (my cheap body spray from walgreens) then they had to pee again then they were thirsty again and now they are in there agruing about something or other (hold on gotta scream!) ok now theyre back in bed mad because i denied their 100th request for something to drink- mommys about to burn out! cont-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:35 PM on May. 9, 2009