Anyone use the Diva cup for their period???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are awesome if you can use them. I have several friends who do. They're really not yucky, you pull them out by the base and everything stays in the cup which you just empty out, clean up, and reinsert. I have one and I've tried and tried to use it but I just can't. I have some weird angling thing going on up there (pap smears are absolute hell for me) so the cup just won't sit right.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Personally, I don't even like digging in my bloody crotch for a tampon that I can't find the string on. I would REALLY hate sticking my hand up there with a cup.....gross....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• if they are like the old demi tasse cups they had decades ago they didn't work well then and doubt if they do better now

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• no but have considered it but the thought of leaving it there and reusing it idk if i could.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 10:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I havn't used the Diva Cup but I used to use Instead which is pretty much the same thing. It works pretty good. According to the Diva Cup website you cannot use it during sex. According to the Instead website you can use their product while having sex.

It was a great alternative to tampons. I can't use tampons because they are uncomfortable but I could use the Instead without any problems. I'm actually thinking about going back to it. It takes some getting used to and can be a little messy. If your not squimish than you should be fine.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• srhmldndo
    Personally, I don't even like digging in my bloody crotch for a tampon that I can't find the string on. I would REALLY hate sticking my hand up there with a cup.....gross....

ewww... I so agree with that!!! From what I have seen about the period cups, they seem to be so totally messy and gross. I think I'll stick with tampons, they are messy and gross enough!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:44 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That doesn't sound good. I have such a heavy flow I don't think it would work.And it sounds yukkkky.
    Anonymous