Why would you buy a house where the kids rooms are on the other side of the house if you're all afraid of them ummm dying in their sleep?

Honestly, was the deal more important that your check-off list you should have made while house shopping"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have no clue. Maybe the house was built for older kids like teens who make noise

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That's just stupid. You might as well have said "Why have children if you're going to worry yourself crazy, because you're afraid they'll die in their sleep?" It's stupid. Parents worry. And many people didn't know they would be so scared until they had their own child. Wow, you must be a miserable person. Happy Mothers Day (rolls eyes)
    Anonymous

• Sometimes they buyers can't find a house with rooms on the same side of the house. Also, not many homes come built that way unless you have the money to build it how you want.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That's why they have video monitors so you can watch your kids as they're sleeping!
    Anonymous

• no, i wouldn't get the house! lol
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• This made me giggle. Why in the hell WOULD someone have a house where their kids are on the other side of the house?! Unthinkable!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If I were afraid of the kids dying in their sleep, no I wouldn't buy it. Why do something that would cause me to worry myself sick? Once that deal is done, it's very hard to go back on it. A house isn't just something you can return to the store when it doesn't work out.

Do I think a fear of children dying in their sleep is irrational? Unless they're seriously/chronically ill or at high risk of SIDS, yes, I do. Parents worry. But if this question is actually a way to ask if your feelings are irrational without actually using those words....it might be true. See a therapist to see if you can't shake these feelings.

And lots of houses come without the rooms all clustered together. Many people have homes built that don't have kids and want their guest rooms seperate from where their room is OR have older/teen kids and want privacy.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• not only is there that SIDS worry but what about bad dreams and middle of the night potty trips that child needs parents. My nephew was in the ER last night. went to bed fine but woke up in a sezier(no history of this). He was sleeping in a crib in the parents room. They causgt things quickly. BIL held down the childs toung so he wouldn't choke while his wife dialed 911
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• as for older children well I may worry about kids sneaking out after folks went to bed. One of my sisters did that as a teen
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• This is how my house is laid out and I'm expecting in July and don't have any issues with babies room being on the other side of the house, it is the closest to our room but I still have to go through the dining room , living room and start down the front hall. If you are that concerned about it, but love the house otherwise, what about making one of the other rooms your master bedroom until your child is older? Or have the baby (I assume you are talking about a baby) sleep in your room until you feel more comfortable.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:35 PM on May. 9, 2009