Am I nuts or does every one here use DD to refer to thier kid?

ok i am new here and have pretty much gotten the hang of all the short hand but I
have come aross DD several times is this another short hand or is everyone out there naming their child DD? Does it stand for darling daughter?

BlendedMommy009

Asked by BlendedMommy009 at 10:33 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• DD-dear daughter, DS-dear son, DH-dear husband, MIL-mother in law, FIL-father in law, SS-stepson, SD-stepdaughter, BM-bio mom, I can't think of any others....
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Darling Daughter, Dear Daughter...etc. and ds for son, dh, for husband...I can't bring myself to use them myself!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 10:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yup dear daughter, darling daughter...it takes up less of the characters we're allowed to use. for son its ds
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Don't stress if you don't use them. I prefer to actually write out "my son" - it gives me more time to think about him as I'm writing about him! The only time I use initials is when I refer to SM - who I prefer to think about as little as possible. :) But that's just me!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It stands for Darling Daughter.. But I can't bring myself to use stuff like that.. It drives me crazy.. Just like ThIs DoEs and |33T speak.. and the chat speak.. I absolutely loathe those... Don't be lazy and just type the stuff out.
    Anonymous