Should you run a background check on anyone you think you may want to date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Anymore... YES!!
    Anonymous

• I guess you could especially if you don't know them, you never know who people pretend to be these days.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i can't imagine it, i mean if you felt the need to than yes. but i don't think i'd date someone i felt needed me to run a background check on them. i might google someone to see what comes up but that'd be it, i don't see myself paying to have a background check run on someone though
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd do some sort of check. I'd check criminal records online (free), I'd check sites like www.dontdatehimgirl.com and www.womansavers.com and make sure he's not some jerk that uses women or married and lying about it. There are a lot of con guys out there. I'd also check whitepages.com and when the listing comes up make sure some woman's name doesn't come up. So many of these guys lie and say they are single and available.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If I had the access to do so sure why not!
    Anonymous

• I guess so but I don't think I would ever date someone who I thought needed a background check. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2009