How can I know if our identity's been stolen?

Information with my DD's and my SS#'s (among other information) were stolen. How can I tell if some crook has taken out credit in our names or something of that nature? I'm terrified!

Mia1983

Asked by Mia1983 at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• do a google search for "free annual credit report" you are entitled to one a year. you should be able to find a site that will allow you to pull up your credit report for immediate review or the information to "order" one through snail mail. on the bottom of your report is the listing of recent inquiries so you would know if someone applied for credit. you can also contact the 3 major bureus and tell them that your information has been stolen and you want to know if you can flag your SS#'s that way when someone does apply they have to go into more specifics, ie have you ever lived here, mothers maiden names, family member names etc....
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:46 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If your account does not look right, then some crook took out credit or money. Make sure you cancel everything and get new ones.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 9:16 AM on May. 10, 2009