Have you ever lost your kid somewhere? Does it make me a bad mom?

It was at a friends house.. he ended up only being Lost for about 5 minutes and he wasnt far.. i had went inside to go to the bathroom and there were othe adults including his dad outside , and i ended up helping my friend with something.. his dad truned hi s back for like 2 minutes and he ran off... he was only lost for 5 minutes but i still feel bad..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:51 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It only takes 20 seconds for a stranger to snatch a child.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Been there done that, lost one of my boys when he was 4 at a walmart it was scary but he never did it again after I told him what bad things could happen to him if he left my side again.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• And you should. You have got to keep an eye on them at all times. No, I can truthfully say, my children were never lost. Now, there were times I purposely let them think they were lost in the store, just to see how scary it was.... After that, they never left my side again.
    Anonymous

• Im sure that lots of parents have had similar or worse things happen. The important part is he wasnt hurt and he was found..accidents happen.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• We were at a big Fourth of July event last year, and my son was in one of the bounce things. The next thing I knew he was gone. We looked EVERYWHERE I was to the point that i was going to go find a police officer. Then some one asked me what he was wearing. He had gone to the next bounce thing which was a slide and when up and down a couple times. He was probably only gone five or ten minutes, but it was the longest time of my life. Now I NEVER take my eye off of him!! I make him old my hand even in the drive-way!! It was so scary!!! You're not a bad mom, I'm sure it happens to the best of us!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• ANON 954: HIS DAD WAS OUT THERE WITH HIM! geez... dont need to make me feel worse... I HAD TO PEE!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Well count me in the bad mom club..............my son was hiding in a play climber at the park. We were with a group of moms. I felt he was old enough to stick with the kids. I was wrong. I was sooo scared and worried. There was a small stream and I kept thinking he was attracted to it and fell in. The moms I was with were sitting right near the structure and we were all watching. Sadly, this can happen to ANYONE. I'm glad your child was ok. It does make you think. I sure did, and was greatful  he was just being a stinker. When you have that feeling in your chest.....I know how you feel, and you are not a bad mother.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My daughter left our house once (she was two) and was out playing in the dogs waiting pool. Hubby and I were watching TV and she was supposed to be napping. I have NO IDEA how she opened the door, but it scared the crap out of me. She was only in our screened in porch, but she could have drowned. I felt so terrible.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i'm right there with you other bad moms than. we were at target i let her out of the cart for a min while in the clothing section for kids, well i turned around and didn't see her, i called her name 2 or 3 times and she didn't answer me so i started to look around and see if i could find her, she came hoping up with a tshirt that was in the rack next to me when i "lost" her in the first place. ever since then the only stores shes allowed out of the cart in are stores where i can't lose her in the clothing racks and she has to hold my hand the whole time
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER- I AM SO SICK OF THESE "PERFECT MOMMIES" WHO SUPPOSEDLY NEVER HAVE ANY REASON TO TAKE THEIR EYES OFF THEIR CHILD! Also you left your son with other adults including his father, so you are not at all at fault here! Kids are quick and shyt happens. I once "lost" my son in a kids clothes store where there was a tv and benches for the kids he was 2 or 3 and I was looking at the racks right next to the benches so I let him sit there looked at a couple of items looked up and he was "gone" -it was for less than 5 minutes but the longest 5 minutes of my life up to that point! He had crawled under the rack of clothes I was looking at and didn't answer when I called his name, he gave up his hiding spot laughing at my panic! I alternated between hugging and lecturing about answering me when I am calling his name- he is 16 now and still remembers it and usually brings it up when we pass that store.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:12 PM on May. 9, 2009