was she on time or early like her date?

I am a type 1 daibaetic, my last baby who will be 6 months old on the 13th she was born at 36 weeks 3 day, 4 weeks early she weighted in at 8 lbs 7 oz and 23 inches long, does she seems like she was early and they got the dates mixed up?
I have 2 girls i know who are type1 and their full term was over 10 lbs, was she right on time??
sherry

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 10:53 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no way to tell. If they went by your LMP and/or an ultrasound confirmation, the dates were probably within two weeks of being correct and she may have been 2-4 weeks early.

It's also hard to tell because babies of diabetics tend to be bigger than the average baby and all moms and babies are different. I have a friend with diabetes who went 2 weeks early and was 8 pounds and a friend also with diabetes who went full-term and had a 12lb baby. You can't really compare yourselves to other moms to answer a question like this.

In the end, babies come when they want to. If your's came on her own with no complications or need for the NICU at 36 weeks 4 days, she was ready regardless of whether or not her due date was correct. 37 weeks is technically "full-term" so she was only 6 days short of "full-term."
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Your baby probably would have been around the same size if she hadn't been a month early.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:52 PM on May. 9, 2009