I don't know what to do!!

Me and my family are just having it rough big time and i just need to vent and get some advice. My son really needs some new clothes....the ones he has either is getting too small for him or has stains that i just can't get out. He mainly needs short sleeve shirts size 24 months and pants and shorts 18 months. I jsut don't know what to do ! My husband's job is only running about 32 hours a week and not even that some weeks. I am looking for a part time job but nowadays there is nothing at all out there! I am stressing out. What do i do mommas?

onesexymama22

Asked by onesexymama22 at 11:10 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Would you be willing to buy from the second hand? I do all the time and the clothes is really nice.
    Anonymous

• try craigslist, i just got 3 big trashbags full of name brand stuff for my 3 yr old daughter for $25. half of it still has tags and the other half is in great condition.
    try consignment stores, goodwill, etc...kids clothes only get worn for a season so they rarely get into such bad shape that buying used would be awful.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Make sure to hit those yard sales that are starting to crop up - I just got 4 clothing items for $2 today that way. Also Goodwill and Salvation army are great for clothes. I think there are some swap sites out there also, and check in the free section of Craigslist. Hope that helps. I am in a similar situation to yours, except I am not applying now since I am pregnant. I will probably have to get something part time pretty soon after the baby comes :0( Good luck to you!!
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2009

• thanks mommas for your advice i am keeping my eye on craigslist and trust me i don't mind buying second hand. there is no sense in paying like 15 dollars for a pair of pants he is going to grow out of.
    onesexymama22

Answer by onesexymama22 at 11:21 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Go to freecycle.org and find the club near you. You can request clothes and people are usually very giving. I know that is not a long term solution but it might help you out for now. Craigslist also has a 'free' category you can post what you need.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• definitely hit up garage sales and thrift stores. Good luck to you and hang in there.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Do you have Once Upon a Child's where you live? Anyway, they buy clothes and then you could use the money from the clothes you sold to buy other clothes from there.
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 1:10 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree- try freecycle first. We got a few outfits for my 18month old son from there. Plus I think you can specifically ask for items once you've offered something. If that doesn't work go to 2nd hand stores. Some outfits still have the tags on them, and some look like they've never been worn.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:31 PM on May. 10, 2009

• there should be a local Salvation Army store or a Goodwil store where you live. I have gotten lots of cute clothes for my boys there, you can usually find some really good stuff and it's pretty cheap.
    barbiegirl_78

Answer by barbiegirl_78 at 12:34 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I know you want a quick fix to the problem. A way to get your son new clothes. Honestly I don't have any suggestions for that. I do want to suggest a long term fix to your financial problems. With the way the economy is people are really struggling, living paycheck to paycheck, or not even making it to the next paycheck. So many people are like you. There heads are just barely above water and the littlest thing like a sick kid or car repair is going to drown them. I say stop trying to stretch the money you have and just find a way to make more. I promise you it is possible. You just have to be careful so you don't get scammed. If you want to see a way to make life changing amounts of money there is a video on my profile page that you should watch. This business does require a small investment, but the return on your investment is going to be unbelievable. I wish you luck, and I hope things get better.
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 9:19 AM on May. 11, 2009