Havent felt baby move today?

Im 37 weeks along currently and I dont think I have felt the baby move today. How do I go about getting him to move and at what point do I need to call the doctor? Is this something I should be worried about?

Tages_Mom

Asked by Tages_Mom at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat something sugary and sit down and relax. Babies are more active when you are not(like when you are trying to sleep-how convenient). The same thing happened to me as the baby was just getting to big and didn't have much room to kick or move at all. If you are bleeding or having pains def. call the doctor-otherwise I think it is very common- a little sugar or caffeine should get him moving.
    javiandjaysmom

Answer by javiandjaysmom at 11:14 PM on May. 9, 2009

• when i couldnt feel my daughter move the doctor told me to drink some orange juice or pop and lay there perfectly still for a half hour and see if i could get ten kicks. Usually the sugar makes them move around. It worked for me.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:17 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Try drinking a cold glass of water or something cold and sweet and lay down and do a kick count. If you don't feel anything an hour after that i would call the dr. Your supposed to feel 5-10 kicks an hour i believe. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Drink some juice and sit for 30 min and wait. Try milk or cold water if that doesn't work. If you don't feel anything at all, you need to call L&D. Better safe than sorry.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• drink a soda and lay on your side if you still arent feeling the baby move much i would call the doctor
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:33 PM on May. 9, 2009