• In the Spotlight:

Do you think that

bowling is a sport?

Do you think that cheerleading is a sport?

NCIS05

Asked by NCIS05 at 11:38 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sure. Especially competitive cheer. Heck that's really impressive with all the gymnastics involved.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes I think they both are. Not everybody can bowl well and not everybody can be a good cheerleader, so I think they are a special talent, and I think they are a sport. I know that I can't bowl worth a shit!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:43 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I was a cheerleader, gymnast, and volleball player. Let me tell you-- I got more injuries from cheerleading than I did gymnastics or volley ball. Cheerleading isn't about shouting rah rah anymore. Every girl on our squad had to be able to do a standing back flip, and most of us were able to do far more.

Bowling... I don't know. I suck at it. There must be talent to it since the pro bowlers are amazingly consistent.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i think bowling is a sport, i think that cheer leading is a sport... dance is a type of sport and colorguard is a sport...
    All of those get looked down on though and dont get enough credit... its a lot of work though! and all of them are VERY physically challenging! Maybe even more so than the typical sports like basketball or baseball or football....
    they are underestimated highly...
    i have a lot of respect for the people that participate in stuff like that...
    and i know how hard it is cause ive done them too lol
    i used to debate with my english and journalism classes over what is qualified as a sport... i am very stubborn... lol those ARE sports!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yeah! I cheered for 11 years and it IS a sport. I have bowled on quite a few occasions, although I am not very good AT ALL. Sure it's a sport . . . even golf. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:06 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Im not to sure about bowling but i guess if they consider golf a soprt then i dont see why bowling couldnt be one. Cheerleading is a sport! I did cheer for quite a while and i would have bruises on me biger then the football players haha. A few of the people i knew in cheer you would have thought they were boxers with how injured they got. But through the injuries i wouldnt change me cheering or not.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:56 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Yes, to both!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on May. 11, 2009