Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

I let someone sign my child's birth certificate who I knew was not her father, and then he left me. So, I filed for child support on her real father but they have to get a DNA test from the person on her BC. Will I get back support? It has taken a year since filing to finally get this going.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Why did you do that?

    It would be unfair to get back child support from someone you have lied to and denied parental rights to for the last year.

    It would serve you right if he filed for custody of that child. Poor kid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 10, 2009

  • First of all...I never lied to anyone. Her real father left when he found out I was pregnant, so my boyfriend said he would be her father, and then he cheated on me. And I ask her real father every time I am in the town he lives in if he wants to see her and he says no. So, don't talk shit before you know what's going on.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 10, 2009

  • You did lie on the birth certificate. Who cares if he left he should have been providing for the child. Frankly, the courts should order the man who claimed the child to pay support. I really feel for this baby. I have been your child never really knowing who daddy was. I would stay away from men for a long while and grow up a bit. You have been with two jerks in a row and should get help so you make a better choice next time. It is hard on a child to have different men in and out of their lives. I would get child support in place and let go of the back support. If you are getting welfare it will be taken anyway.


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

  • whoooa! girls you are missing the entire point! 1st - ANON child should be on an auction block & facing a custody changed because of lack of child support regardless of the mistakes made on the birth certificate. But you are right on all the other factors presented.
    2nd-poster..this should NOT be about money! This should be about setting the records straight. A pat. test should be done! The real father should be held accountable. But the real father WILL have rights. So in your greed, remember that, because the real father just might ask for his rights & can sue you for custody. So can the signing father, so be careful how you tread on these men. The judge may make the signed father is possible, because he signed the certificate willing to take on that responsibility. But if the judge sees that your being maybe the one in a pot of poop! It looks like your the one playing games not the guys

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on May. 10, 2009

  • fuck both you bitches, you have no idea what you're talking about. Or enough about the situation to be so critical!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.