How do you handle mothers day without her?

I lost my mother a few years back, when I was only 24. Ever since then, I find myself lost on mothers day. I am six hours away from where she is buried, so I can't go see her. And I feel bad, because even with my five kids, I have a hard time still just enjoying mothers day for myself. Any advice?

dolphinkisses

Asked by dolphinkisses at 12:17 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• My Mom died in 1993 and I was 20 and I thought that having kids would help me, but I still miss my Mom at every holiday but especially Mother's Day because it's for Mom's and I'd like to tell her Happy Mother's Day and how much I still love and miss her.
    You can still do it tho... you can get a Mother's Day balloon and release it for her. She's not at the cemetary, she's still living in your heart and in your memory. As long as you still remember the love, she still lives inside you. Tell your kids some awesome stories about her, include her in the celebration tomorrow. It does get easier I promise but I do still miss my Mom but I realize how very thankful I was that I got the time I had wiht her, and that I was lucky because I had the best Mom in the whole world for me.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:30 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My mom is dead too but I was never allowed to be with her on Mother's Day. She was a waitress and the all might dollar meant more to her than to be with me or my sister. She said she could see us any day but Mother's Day was the holy grail of tips day since so many ppl take their Mother's out for dinner. She's dead now and couldn't take her money with her so what good did it do? She alienated her children and screwed up Mother's Day for us. May she rest in peace. She is buried 3 hours away from me and I wouldn't waste a gallon of gas to go. She wouldn't waste a minute to be with me on M Day so I won't waste it on being with her grave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 10, 2009

• talk t oher internally
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:47 AM on May. 10, 2009