Is this labor?

For the last half hour I have been having very sharp Menstrual like pains every five and a half to six minutes in my pelvic and vaginal area. They have been getting steadily sharper for the last half hour. and last about a minute in length. I am just wondering if this sounds to anyone else like actual labor contractions or if they are just more really bad BHC.

mothergibson

Asked by mothergibson at 12:32 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You might want to go in and get checked. see if you are dialating and efacing...
    if you are, then for sure its labor....
    i hope you dont get stuck with what i went through... my contractions were like that for a week... and they said it was nothing because i wasnt dialating...
    good luck sweety!!! and congratulations!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:38 AM on May. 10, 2009

• yes, if they continue for the next hour, call your OB and go to L&D.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:35 AM on May. 10, 2009

• well does it hurt all in your back area to???? because real contractions also hurt allin the bottom of your back that is how i always knew it was labor and not bhc!!! oh man the feelings just came rushing back to me lol!!! yeah that is part of a contraction !!!!! good luck and congrats!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i've been having menstrual like cramps and dull low back ache for the last few days....wondering if i will go into labor soon...just nothing consistent...but very uncomfortable...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:40 AM on May. 10, 2009

• anon. they dont' always have to go into your back.
    with my first, they didn't. with my second they did. (back labor. . )

if they are regular, or getting closer, can't walk through them, hard to breath because of pain, then i would say it sounds like labor.

good luck, and call your doc!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I have the same pain; they told me it was just building up to be labor in the next week or two..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I have been getting pain throughout this week I maybe soon too 38 weeks
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:50 AM on May. 10, 2009