dog/hubby help???

i'm not a dog person. at all. i have no patience for them.
my husband is. loves dogs, grew up with them.

we have a dog. he is deployed. the dog is eating my house. destroying it. and i don't know what to do. i can't keep him locked in his kennel all day. i can't afford classes right now since i am getting ready to move into a brand new house. i already have to pay for damages to this house, AND my friends house that he ruined.

he is mad that I want to give him to a family that can handle him better than I can.
he is mad at me for bringing it up, but I'm mad because the dog ruined this house, and my friends house, and I don't want to pay for the new house.

i am so stuck. does anyone have any ideas?

And please don't tell me that I should have thought about this before I got him. I did. I had the money for classes, they were paid for, but an emergancy came up, and we lost the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• no bs...watch the dog whisperer, apply it...use it....it works.
    if you give him up your giving up to your husband what is family..you wont care...but he will, he is family to him.
    dog trainers mostly use treats etc....which is really bs. if you wanted your kid to behave would you always give him cookies to make him behave? no..you use discipline, dominance, and assert yourself. its the same with any dog of any breed. dominance...assertion...strictness....ppl that grow up with dogs usually naturally do this, that or they spoil their dogs and they are pains in the asses....ppl that dont like dogs, dont usually use assertive calm dominance. they either go too mean, or too soft.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• ***OP***

my husband doesn't know the dog. i got him when he deployed, and he isn't back yet. so he doesn't know the dog at all. just seen a few pictures of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 10, 2009

• ohh then that is completely different..........
    then ultimately if you do not love the dog.....it would probably be better for the dog to live with another family who did love him as part of the family. if you dont have that bond with him and your husband obviously cant have that bond....then what is the point in keeping him in a house where he really is not that wanted?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'd have to find the dog a new home with people that can handle it. I'm not saying that to be mean, but you should have waited till your hubby got home to get a dog. But seeing how the past can't be changed, your hubby should be proud that you tried to do something really nice for him but it's costing too much money and it's not fair to the dog to be locked up all the time.
    Depending on how old the dog is, he might be rebelling because he misses the family/place he came from, he could sense how you feel about him or a million other things. They're so much like us that it's funny. They feed off of our emotions. Buy lots of chewbones and if nothing else, buy one of those outside kennels that is really big so he's not locked up in a small kennel if you do decide to keep the dog.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:24 AM on May. 10, 2009