If you stay at home, what do you do with your kids all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I try to take my kids to do fun things at least a couple times a week. We have a playgroup, and we like to go to the zoo, park, or Children's Museum. We have several educational videos. We play outside, and I play board games with my 4 1/2 yo. I can't say I enjoy every minute of being a SAHM, but I know it is something I will never regret.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:49 AM on May. 10, 2009

• 7:00- Wake up/ Potty time
    7:15-7:45: Cartoon time
    7:45-8:15: Breakfast
    8:15: Activities/ toddler computer time
    10:30: Dance/Music time/ Exercise time (Outdoor or Indoor)
    11:30: Lunch
    12:00-2:30: Naptime
    3:00: Snack time
    3:20-5:00: Outside time
    5:30: Dinner time
    6:15-7:30: Play in playroom while mommy cleans up
    7:30: Bathtime
    8:15: Storytime/Lullaby/bedtime kisses

Schedule varies depending on our moods. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My child attends school during the day. When he's home from school, I let him unwind for a little while and then he'll do homework. After homework, we do something fun together - read for 20 mintues, play outside, water the plants, ride bikes, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• We go to the park,read books, watch the baby channel, do puzzles! anything fun=]
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 12:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I played with my son, went to the park, went to the zoo, went shopping, went to museums, had playdates with friends and read him many stories. I cleaned while he napped and after he went to bed. When I cooked he was in the kitchen with me. I had him helping me at 2 years old he could dump ingredients in a pan. At 6 he is able to make from scratch sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, green beans with peppers and onions, a salad and many other things. I was right there to make sure he did not get burned or harmed in any way. As he got older our day was more structured to prepare him for school.

I made it a point to each day teach my son something new even when he was a baby. I talked to him like he could understand me from day one. At two he was fascinated with trains we found a train museum, read books about them looked up things online. We have continued that. I made the most of the time and had fun with my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Anon :58 again. We got rid of our television a long time ago so he never watches shows or videos. Because of that creativity was very important. I almost broke down and got one so I could get a break but am so glad I did not. The toddler years were short and now he is independent and in school and I have time for myself.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Mine are in school all day now too but when they were home, we did lots of stuff together.
    We cooked, we read books, lots of art projects, practiced our letters and numbers, letter sounds,planted in the garden, go for walks, go to the park, Go to story time at the library, Go see a movie at the theatre, swimming, washed the car,played dress up, hide n seek, duck duck goose, Go to the pet store, sometimes we do nothing and just laz around and cuddle, wash the dog,

I did make sure we had a schedule because I was more likely to have a better day with them if we knew what we were doing next . Nap time was always on time. They were happier with activity..I would play hard with them for a couple hours, and then they were satisfied and I could have some time to myself or WAH.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:36 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I like to start my day out early before the kids get up (little personal get ready for the day time). Then once they get up we have breakfast together, and the kids play with toys together while I get things done around the house (laundry, cleaning,etc). Then come noon time it's lunch, and everyone takes a nap. If I get my stuff done in the morning I like to lay down myself. During the afternoon we go to the park alot, and other fun things now the weather is getting warmer. I like to get home by 4pm from where ever it is we go that way we can get dinner ready. Nornally I put in a movie for them to watch, but they never actually watch it just play with their toys. And then bed time is usually around 9pm (since it doesn't get dark until late now). My days are never the same, and sometimes don't go as I plan them too ... Really would like to work on that, lol
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 1:58 AM on May. 10, 2009