sex after babies

I recently gave birth to my daughter... my husband and I had sex a before she was a month old and have done it since than twice(protected). I know your suppost to wait 6 weeks but we got caught in the moment. I guess my question is, is it bad to do it early because I know I wasnt healed all the way ( I had an episotomy) and I just wanted to know if it could have caused damage without me knowing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as you feel ready and it didn't hurt, you're fine. Do watch out for infection in your episiotomy scar, and keep up with your cleaning routine, but no worries.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:57 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Well I didn't wait the full 6 weeks, same thing happened with us, got caught up in the moment...Nothing was damaged on me, and I healed up fine. My DD is 3 now, and I'm perfectly normal. Just don't get too rough, and don't do it too often. I think you will be fine.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I had sex when my son was about 4 weeks old. We had to take it slow and it was a little sore but nothing bad happened to me. Just make sure you feel comfortable and that there isn't pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My friends and my mom have told me they did it before the 6 weeks was up after being stitched up, but I don't know for sure. My husband and I had sex at least twice before 6 weeks and my doctor encouraged it. He said as long as it didn't hurt and I was well lubricated then we were fine.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 1:00 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Good for you! I am almost a year pp and I still have no sex drive at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 10, 2009

• It's fine. You're just not supposed to use lube or anything like that because it could infect your stitches.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:17 AM on May. 10, 2009