periods

Before I got pregnant with my daughter I stopped having periods all together. My doctor put my on provera and after taking it and having a period I got pregnant. My daughter is 1month and 1 week old. Is it normal I still have not gotten a period. I breastfed/formula fed for the first 2 weeks now she is just formula. I have one more perscription of provera should I take it now to kick start my period or should I wait a bit longer to see if it comes on its own??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No... if you are breastfeeding I wouldn't expect a period for several months. See if it comes back after you have finished breastfeeding...
    Mine came back at 6 months while I am still breastfeeding but other's don't come back until after a year (or longer)
    Even people who formula feed only often don't get a period until around 3 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:07 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor. Even know I am breastfeeding I still get my period each and have with both of my kids, Since you are no longer breastfeeding and still no period, it might be best to be checked out to make sure everything is good.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 2:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Talk to your Doctor but I was told6-8 weeks postpartum is normal for a first returning period.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 AM on May. 10, 2009

• It's normal. Takes time for our bodies to regulate themself.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:16 AM on May. 10, 2009