Did you NOT realize how much your mom loved you until you had your own child?

So now I guess our kids won't know how much we love them until they have their own...that's sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I always knew that my mom loved me, but now that I have my own I just realize how deep that love really is!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:42 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i have two kids that arnt biologically mine.
    But i never knew how much i really love my mom until she died last month.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:44 AM on May. 10, 2009

• For me no I did not fully understand it until I had my own. Now I know and understand because I love my kids the same way my momma loved me and I know they won't understand until they are mommas but I don't think it's sad. I think it is a good thing because they will feel it and know that they were do loved all along and I know for me that was an amazing feeling!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Sad truth, my mom loves me but not as much as she loves her other kids. =/
    I love my unborn daughter more than my mom will ever love me.
    I'm learning how to be a better mother than her from the things she has done to me and deprived me of, so I can't complain. It's all about the future now.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:59 AM on May. 10, 2009

• dear marix3...your mom loves you! My sisters were always soooo needy & i wasnt. I always made my own way...so it seem that my mom loved the other girls more because they demanded so much from her...when in reality, mom admired & was the most proud of me. I didnt realize that until she died and in her will she left me a letter explaining that. She had to die for me to understand. So its not just your moms actions or lack of...but yours and your families. Trust me...she does love you. now that i have 4 children of my own...i truly understand. I have one that stand on his own so strongly that i miss him and wish he would need me...but then he wouldnt be my child...he be my sisters!
    I dont think i want my kids to understand how much i love them until they have a child of their own because that day of realization is so profound it changes their lives(for the good) forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on May. 10, 2009