any one not get along with their mother for a long time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• My mom and I fought like cats and dogs until about a year before she died.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 1:52 AM on May. 10, 2009

• At one point in my life I went for almost 5 years without speaking to my mom......Yes, it was both of us ......We could not ever seem to get along long enough to even carry on a conversation....My mother abused me as a child and I had to come to the understanding that I had to forgive her and move on.....I lived in anger for many years until I realized our relationship was affecting everything I did in life....I found forgiveness in my heart and called my mom up and asked her to forgive me for all the wrong things that I did as a child in hopes that she could also make peace with herself...to this day she has not ever made an apology to me, but I feel good that as an adult I can love her for not the way she was but the way she is now.....She has done some changing with age and so have I .......I am happy about the relationship we have now, but sometimes it still hurts to know that she did once abuse me....Life goes on!
    mirakoboy

Answer by mirakoboy at 2:05 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I was never very close to my mom (or dad), and went 2 years not talking to either of them when I was between the ages of 15--17. Now I spend more my mom, and all but I wouldn't say we always get along ...Better than before though.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:18 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Many years my mother and I would have knock down drag out fights. Starting at about 17 (I didnt live with her until I was 17) and even when I had my own family. We both finally got healed of what was causing our pain and moved on. We don't hardly ever argue anymore. We just enjoy the time we have.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:20 AM on May. 10, 2009

• yes we never see eye to eye or get along alot but i do tell her i love her cuz youll never know when shell be gone.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2009