• In the Spotlight:

Need your opinion:Does my husband have a pregnant belly phobia?

I can't think of any other reason my husband refuses to touch my stomach when I tell him the baby is kicking. I am 26 weeks pregnant and he has never felt the baby kick. He claims to not be that into pregnancy but last night I was sobbing about this and he still refuses. BTW, this was a planned pregnancy and we very rarely ever fight. He's a great husband and father. Help?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe he is just scared about being a dad, and maybe feeling the baby move to him, is a way of KNOWING its real... give him time, youre only 26 weeks, you have plenty of time for him to come around. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:02 AM on May. 10, 2009

• He's already a father. We have a two year old daughter. He was like this with her but not as bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 10, 2009

• well maybe hes just nervous about having another child. whether its planned or not, thats a big change.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:09 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My husband was the same way when I was pregnant. He looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him to touch my belly. He told me it "creeped him out" and it was like "an alien in there or something". Hahah. It's okay, he's probably the best dad now. He does everything with our baby.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 5:02 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I took my husbands had and put it on my belly and thats how he first felt the baby kick. He will scoot away from me at night if the baby is kicking and he can feel it. He just thinks its weird and he used to work in OB as a nurse! My husband has it stuck in his mind that all babies look like little alians. So i think that might have something to do with it. I have to admit when i first felt the baby kick i was kinda freiked out myself.....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:00 AM on May. 10, 2009