What the Heck is going on?

Last month I had a bout of bleeding that lasted 3 weeks. It got worse every time I had sex (I would think it was gone and it would start again afterwards) until it finally turned dark and tapered off. This type of thing happened when I was pregnant with my now 18 mo DS, but I'm not pregnant now. Or am I?????????

I swear I can feel movement that is exactly like what I felt when I was pregnant with my son, but three home tests have come up negative (the last one showed no lines at all in the result section, but the line was clear as day in the control section) My Hubby even felt it too, it was exactly like when my DS had hiccups inside me.

I never really showed when I was pregnant the first time, but I can feel that my lower abdomen doesn't even feel slightly bulged like it did with DS by the time he started kicking.

cont....

Sharon7772

Asked by Sharon7772 at 2:05 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how do we know if you dont? get a blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I looked online for a match to these symptoms and the only thing that makes sense is extra-uterine pregnancy. It's like a tubal pregnancy but the embryo continues to grow outside the uterus without rupturing the tube.

The bleeding, negative tests due to low HGC levels, and the lack of a distended uterus, and the fact that I swear I can feel something moving in there, all of it fits.

Problem is, if it is extra-uterine, they would try to terminate it the same as if it were a tubal pregnancy, even though some babies and mothers have survived this type of pregnancy. I'm almost 37 years old. I don't have "plenty of time" to keep trying. So I haven't gone to the doctor yet.

I'm going nuts over all this. Can a woman experience "phantom kicking" if she's not pregnant? What would cause her stomach to jump enough for someone else to feel it?

Opinions???
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 2:12 AM on May. 10, 2009

• ""how do we know if you dont? get a blood test. ""

You didn't wait for the rest of the story, and the questions.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 2:14 AM on May. 10, 2009

• then ask your dr why you are like this and why its happening. we arent drs here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on May. 10, 2009

• ""then ask your dr why you are like this and why its happening. we arent drs here. ""

I didn't think anyone had to be a doctor to tell me if "phantom kicking" is something a woman who is not pregnant can experience. Or if anyone on here has ever felt anything like that when they weren't pregnant anymore.

And there may very well be a Mom on here who happens to be a Doctor. Out of 55,000 users, someone is bound to be, right?
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 2:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

• never seen one and ive been on here for a while. your better off asking your dr that knows YOUR history of health. good luck though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on May. 10, 2009