• In the Spotlight:

I Miss My Mom

May 19th will mark the 4th year anniversary of my mothers passing. I was 6 months pregnant with my first child when she passed away. I miss her all the time. SO on this mothers day, how can I get my mind off of missing my own Mother so that I can move on and celebrate this day as MY day to celebrate me being a mother with my own children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I am in the same boat I lost my mother last year and I am having a hard time yet again this Mother's Day. I am truly sorry for your loss
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:20 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Plan something in the morning to continue her memory and also afternoon and evening, even the night before and the morning after mother's day. Did she love to garden? animals? make a donation for her to animals? Did she love to read? But a book or in a book you have already for your child write in it how that books connects you to your mom so you child can have it to treasure later when more grown. Did your mom love to paint? You can buy or draw or paint something to honor her? Instead of thinking only on that she's not with you, instead think of ways to tell the future and special people, the community of 'what' she was in her personality. Blessings to you mommy and brag to the world about your mom's accomplishments what ever they've been.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry and things will get better just beileve i your self and look at the bright side. I'm truly sorry 4 your loss but you seem like a strong women so hang in there things will get better!
    cupcake1245

Answer by cupcake1245 at 2:44 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am sorry for your loss. Is hard not to have the best person in the world by your side but you should know she is watching over you and her grandkids. She would have wanted you having fun and enjoying mother's day instead of been sad. If she sees you are sad she will be sad too so go ahead and enjoy to the limit this mother's day with your kids. Smile and know God will give you blessings.
    Lvasquez1997

Answer by Lvasquez1997 at 3:00 AM on May. 10, 2009

• No matter what, this time of year will be a time of year thats a little unbearable for you. As the years go on, the pain will get less and less, it will never go away completely because you lost your mom and thats a hard one to deal with.Have a private conversation with her just for a few minutes, just talk, it might help. Say what you want.

Happy Mother's Day to you☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:53 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am sorry. My mom is still around but very fragile. I miss my dad, though, and it has been 10 years. When someone we love passes on it is an empty place in our hearts that we learn to live with, but sometimes we visit the place and miss the loved one. My advice is to think about your mom and miss her as much as you feel like. Don't regret a second of the missing. Think of her with love.

Answer by Bmat at 7:35 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'll be 50 this august! My mom died 13 years ago...you dont ever get over the loss at any age. Moms are the glue in the fibers of our paperwork...with out them/her we fall apart. its just never the same ever again. I welcome the pain in my heart as a reminder of the love she gave to me. Its ok to love her....we all right there with you. Kiss her picture, wish her a happy mothers day. then go enjoy your day...she would want you to...and you know it! Huggs & Kissess!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on May. 10, 2009