depression while prego

is there anything safe to take? i'm only 10 weeks. .?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• talk to your doctor about it..all medication runs the risk of side affects but there are some meds for depression they will give u while pregnant if u really need them...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• well dont take anything until you talk to your doctor!
    cupcake1245

Answer by cupcake1245 at 2:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I took Lexapro throughout my entire pregnancy. My doctor said the benefit outweighed the risk. Talk to your doctor-some meds are more dangerous than others. I think Prozac is one. The Lexapro did not seem to affect the baby at all. They say that they will go through withdrawal. My son never seemed to have any symptoms and is happy and healthy now at 5 months. It is probably best to get on something before you have the baby to avoid Postpartum Depression.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I was extermely depressed with my second child and I just rode it out. I decided not to take medication because I refuse to take any kind of medication while pregnant. It helped to talk to family and friends and I cried whenever I needed to. just be open about your feelings just because your pregnant doesn't mean u have to be happy all the time.
    Rozzy720

Answer by Rozzy720 at 11:29 AM on May. 10, 2009