what is a troll?

ive never heard of someone being called a troll, until i joined cafemom. what exactly does it mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• whistlingIsn't it insulting to trolls to refer to these women as trolls? I mean; what has a troll ever done to deserve this?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• It's just someone causing trouble, like asking a question just to start a fight. Questions like, Is it bad to shoot heroine while pregnant? And other dumb questions.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

• it is someone who likes to start drama, also someone who makes up profiles and comes in asking the stupidest questions that you just can't believe they are asking like if I eat raw chicken can I get sick? Or Does bacon come from a pig? You get the gist of it! You can USUALLY tell when its a troll
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:24 AM on May. 10, 2009

• LOL. people really do that?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 10, 2009

• sadly lol yes they do
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:28 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Oh yes! All the time. If you read a really dumb question that isn't anon, go check the profile, many times it will be brand new and blank.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:29 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i agree with tori
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:31 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Ya Tori is right. They are drama queens that just want to start trouble. They usually don't last long the CM admins get rid of them.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:56 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I've been accused of being a troll for calling a bunch of catty women "a boat load of crazy skirts".

They assumed I was a man. I was just tired of all the drama that night. Yeah, I know, I didn't have to read it all, but it was interesting until it became obvious they had wandered from the question at hand and started "fighting" over whose opinion was right or wrong. I put in my two cents and got "bashed" for it. I don't care though, just made me laugh! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I think alot of the trolls are guys, but that is just my opinion. I have run across several "trolls" in my time. But, they don't last long. They either get booted from the site entirely, or (if it's in a group) they get booted and blocked from the group.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:41 AM on May. 10, 2009