I am guilty of this .............

sometimes at night when I am really tired and one of the kids is awake, I act like I don't hear them so hubby will get up

Also anytime I tell my son no, he runs away, just now he got a bottle of cough syrup out of the fridge (no way he can get the lid off) and I said Justin no, knowing full well he was going to run to daddy and his dad would take care of it.

I don't do these things all the time just every once in a while to get a small break, what are you guilty of? LOL this is meant to be a fun post

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 3:20 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've tried acting like I didn't hear my daughter and it didn't work. At one point there was mold found in her room, so she was on a mattress next to our bed. He was sleeping in the room with her and I was out in the living room, 5 minutes of her crying and he didn't budge. How can anyone sleep through that? Seriously?! lol

I'm too tired to think what I am guilty of... sometimes I will tell her to ask daddy to do something.. I'm sure I'm a guilty of much more... but I'm so sleepy. lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:26 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I sugar up the little ones before leaving them with daddy when I have to go out to run errands.

One, they love it - usually chocolate milk and pb with extra j and cookies.

Two, daddy appreciates me more when I return home.

Three, it's done when he's giving me the, "It must be nice to stay home and not have to go to work everyday" crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Anon nice lol I will try that one
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:48 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am guilty of sugaring up my kids before I take them to g-mas. As for what I do to my hubby, I have faked a headache (but then, who hasn't?).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:36 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I've given my 2 year old benedryl when I can't stay awake any more and I'm going insane so that he'll fall asleep. It's a last resort but I can't deny doing it a few times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am guilty of being a big 'ol lazy woman.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:32 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Haha, not only have I, on occasion, pretended not to hear the baby so that hubby will get up, I've also kicked hubby ever so gently because he was sleeping through the crying! He woke up and said "do you want me to go?" and I said nothing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am guilty of parking both kids in front of a movie so I can go watch Tivo-ed episodes of CSI New York.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I am guilty of pretending not to hear the dog in the morning so my husband will get up and let him out.
    He has to get up before me anyway....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:24 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Thank goodness I didn't have to pretend. My husband always assumed the kids are ours and not mine. He got up as much as I did. We tag team the kids and keep them in play. If one of them escaped one of us, the other was there to head them off, and we always backed each other up. You have to be willing to be a team and not empower your spouse that he doesn't care for the children as well as you. He doesn't need to check with you to make sure things are being do to your standards. Just work together and share the work equally as possible. Then you won't feel guilty.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:43 AM on May. 10, 2009