cant kick the booze ... not me, him. know any programs that can help? .. and work?

Im 14 weeks pregnant and oh boy this was not planned! my boyfriend and i have only been together for a little less than a year and we were only living together for a month when we got pregnant.
He has issues with alcohol and drugs that he just cant seem to kick. He refuses to give up his "party-everyday" lifestyle no matter how much we talk about it and how much he promises me. his first goal was to stop drinking/taking pills by easter, but its still an everyday occurance. Now ive never had any problem with addiction but i do know that it is hard, and im sure this baby being a "bad-timing but oh-so-wonderful" suprise isnt helping. He has a great heart and is really looking forward to this baby but the only way he says he can be helped is by getting perscribed more pills.
Im just looking for a lil advise on what to do in my situation. I want to help him become the father he wants to be.
Anything can help ... programs?

miss.meagen

Asked by miss.meagen at 3:36 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• NOTHING will work unless he is willing to change. Until he is, it won't happen. Al-Anon will help YOU to deal with it. But be prepared to walk away from this relationship if being drug free is important to you.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 AM on May. 10, 2009

• he sounds like he's not serious, give him an ultimatum. He gets help NOW or he never sees your kid.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 4:07 AM on May. 10, 2009

• One thing not to do, is buy him alcohol. If you buy it for him or even go get it for him, then you are saying its ok. 99% of the time an alcoholic has to hit rock bottom before they want help.Then he has to ask for help himself, you can't do it for him. You can point him in the right direction and support him but ultimately things are on him.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:42 AM on May. 10, 2009

• nothing will work unless he is really ready and willing to change and if not you need to look out for you and baby and move out and move on
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:33 AM on May. 10, 2009