Episiotomy Never Healed? (tmi)

I had my son on January 10th of this year, and had to get about 7-8 stitches both inner and outer. It's now been 4 months, and whenever I try to have sex it's incredibly painful and I have heavy bleeding (almost like a period) from the site of the incision. It's as if it never healed properly. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did they just restitch the incision site? I don't have any insurance and this is a total bummer. It's been a while since I had my son, and I don't think it will get any better. At my 6 week check up the OB said everything was completed healed. Any advice will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• I actually had something kind of similar. The stitches did not heal up properly and it formed a really painful (and I mean PAINFUL) bump. I went in and the doctor put some chemical on it which caused it to heal up faster. You might not have the same thing, but the point is that you should go in and have them fix whatever it is. Life is soooo much better once you do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on May. 10, 2009