have you ever ended a friendship because...

you found out your friend had a different opinion on any of the baby 'biggies'-feeding method/circumcision/sleeping arraignments/CIO etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends. If she constantly lectured me about how I was parenting and that her way was THE ONLY right way then yes. If she simply chose to do things differently and neither party lectured then I have plenty of friends like that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:31 AM on May. 10, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on May. 10, 2009

• No - I might be mad, but I would never end friendship.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 6:49 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Of course not. Just because another mom has different opinions doesn't make her wrong. She just chose to do things that she feels is best for her child. You choose to do things that are best for your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Everyone has their own opinion of everything and its an opinion and its not wrong because its how they feel. It wouldn't be right to end of friendship because of this. Not everyone is alike, thank goodness, then the world would be a boring place.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:33 AM on May. 10, 2009

• NO NO NO NO your not a true friend if you just walk away that easy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Never have. A real friends would accept the differences and move on. My best friend and I have some very different ideas on parenting but she is still my best friend. She supports me and I support her no matter our individual opinions.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:54 AM on May. 10, 2009

• nah, don't sweat it if you have differing opinions. If it's her that's being that way, tell her it's something you two will have to agree to disagree on.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:50 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Not at all....Everyone has different opinions. A close friend of mine is set on the fact that i should make my own baby food but i know i dont have the time for that. and i think that the food i can get at the store is just fine..thats what i had when i was a baby. Even me and my husband dont quite have the same ideas on what to do. He was set on not having a baby swing! I talked to his mom about it so she got it for me for a baby shower present. My husband wanst to happy with me but hes over it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

• No, I haven't. I would only think of ending it if she tried to force her beliefs on MY daughter(ie. give my kid formula for ANY reason. It's seriously better to let her be hungry for a bit then try and give that to her. It would make her VERY sick). Which none of my friends would ever do. They all know better.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:40 AM on May. 10, 2009