How would you go about finding a sister that you've never met before?

How would you go about finding a sister that you've never met before? Like you just found out you have a sister, what kind of websites would you use to find her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• How much do you already know? I found my half-sister by scouring the school reunion sites, looking for the last name and then approaching possibles with my info, asking it it might be them. Sadly she did not give me my father's info, and after a couple of years of "be patient, I have to find the right time", she emailed to say he had died of cancer, so I never got to speak with him at all. Be very careful, it is very emotional. You can also post on local freecycle groups for info about her, if you know her name. Also google her name and filter it by location etc. Good luck. Hope it works out for you
    iluvnubians

Answer by iluvnubians at 7:42 AM on May. 10, 2009

• depends....try to contact the parent maybe?
    my son has siblings that he does not see, and h e does not see his father, but if at any point hen he is older he wants to find his siblings i know how to contact his father
    also if you know the names check myspace and facebook (2 of my sons sibs have accounts, even though they dont know he exsists, i konw how to find them when he wants to)
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:21 AM on May. 10, 2009

• look up her high school and try to go that root. Or lost familymembers.com GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:32 AM on May. 10, 2009

• it depends. what do you know about her? i found my half sister who was adopted out at birth.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:30 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I know her name(first and last) I know her date of birth and where she was born...I know her fathers name and her step moms name...I don't know what school she went to...or where she is or anything like that...My mother passed away...so i can't really ask questions.
    Anonymous