Safe allergy meds during pregnancy?

I have severe post nasal drip if I do not take a nasal spray and 2 oral meds as well. I do not feel comfy taking anything the first 3 months let alone the rest of the pregnancy. I am up a creek here. My drainage causes pain in the throat as well. Antibiotics ease the pain but as soon as I get off them I have issues again. I am not pregnant yet but plan to be very soon. I am prepping for what to do...what to take. Are allergy shots safe??? I haven't tried those yet I was waiting till after the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The first 3 months are critical, so I would ask your OB/GYN. But I know that during the 3rd trimester my doctor prescribed me Claritin D. He said in the 3rd trimester it was safe to take. But other than that I don't know.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:18 AM on May. 10, 2009

• talk to your Obgyn but after the 1st trimester, zyrtec and claritin are safe. i have major allergies esp. in the spring. GL
    Fushithedruid

Answer by Fushithedruid at 12:17 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I've taken Sudafed...not the kind with Pseudoephedrine in it though...it helped a little. Good luck.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 7:03 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My dr said i could take claritin as well. I know just how you feel. The first trimester my allergies were soooo bad, my regular dr gave me a nose spray for the 2nd trimester which worked amazing, but now in the third trimester i can't take it anymore, and the allergies started right back up. i havent tried the claritin, but thats what ive heard is ok
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:42 PM on May. 10, 2009