My bestfriend and I were trying to get preg at the same time and she just found out she's preg. And I'm not I am happy for her I just wish it was me to. Am I wrong to think that.

She's been my bestfriend since like second grade and actually now were cousins cause of a marriage I love her but don't know should I be thinking like this.

Tradonnkid1

Asked by Tradonnkid1 at 8:22 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• how old are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on May. 10, 2009

• It is perfectly normal to feel that way and you should not beat yourself up about it. Keep a sunny attitude and just keep trying yourself. hopefully you can get pregnant soon and your kids can grow up together as bestfriends too! Truthfully you wouldn't want them to be born at the same time any way for planning birthday parties and what not it you are that close of friends and also cousins!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:27 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Her life and yours are not competitions, and her pregnancy has nothing to do with your life. Be happy for her. Your time will come. She probably feels concern that you may be uneasy about her pregnancy. Since you are such dear friends, show how how pleased you are for her. Hugs and best wishes for you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 AM on May. 10, 2009

• THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS... I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
    Tradonnkid1

Answer by Tradonnkid1 at 9:22 AM on May. 10, 2009

• A little jealousy happens. It's how you react to it and move on to share in the joy of her pregnancy that matters most. You'll want her to be happy for you when you finally get to that point, so don't do anything that would jeopardize your relationship now.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

• The best thing you can do is just swallow your pride, and own up to the fact that your time will come. The jealousy thing happens and so does guilt especially when you're trying so hard. But life is not all about competition, and you need to remember that even though the thought of having a child is easy. Actually having one is a LOT harder. Count your blessings, and try to be there for your friend as best as possible. Who knows maybe you'll see the trials and tribulations of what's to come, and thank your stars God never gave you more than you could handle.
    Firefly1981

Answer by Firefly1981 at 9:31 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I remember when my sister and my sister in law both got pregnant with their 3rd children while my husband and I were trying for our second (after having a miscarriage). I was happy that they were pregnant, but so sad that it wasn't me. When they had their babies I was glad they had healthy babies, but I can remember sitting down and crying my eyes out because it wasn't me. I love their children, but when you want to have one so badly it is very hard to be happy for someone else at times.

As a previous poster has said, try to be happy for your friend, your time will come - be confident in that. It usually happens when you least expect it... I got pregnant with my first child when I gave up trying to conceive - (had miscarriages and of course many months where I was disappointed once again to get my period) BUT - I let go of it for a while, had a big New Years bash and - 9 months later I gave birth to a 10 lb baby boy.
    Avonlady42

Answer by Avonlady42 at 3:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Its normal to feel that way. Yes it can seem immature but its normal. A friend of mine was mad at me when i got pregnant because she had been trying for about a year and still no baby and i was only trying for about 2 months and i got pregnant. She was mad at first but then she became very happy for me. Just wish her the best of luck and keep on trying. I was told that it helps when you don't have sex within a few days of ovulation. i didn't and it didn't take me long. good luck to you and hope it happens soon. It would be fun for you and your friend to have your kids around the same time.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I KNOW I WOULD BE SOOOO HAPPY IF I COULD EXPERIENCE THIS WITH HER.. SHES MY BESTFRIEND IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF ME AND HER CAN BE PREGNANT AT THE SAME TIME... IM NOT MAD AT HER IM SOOO HAPPY FOR HER I JUST WISH IT CAN BE ME TO... IM GLAD I GET TO BE A GOD MOTHER THOUGH IM LOOKING FORWARD FOR THAT PART...
    Tradonnkid1

Answer by Tradonnkid1 at 2:45 PM on May. 11, 2009