Is it ok to throw my own baby shower?

my friend how was going to help me is no longer really a friend and now i dont know what to do. i want a baby shower and not to sound selfish but need one, we have nothing for the new baby. our daughter is 2 and this one is a boy, i cant really put pink dresses on him. i dont know what to do. plus how do i throw one then, how should i word the invites and all? my husband and i thought about a bar-b-que for the whole family, not just the moms.

ShAystTurtlebug

Asked by ShAystTurtlebug at 9:53 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it weird. I wanted to throw my own and my friends didn't let me, but I wish they did b/c I didn't like the games that were played or the food, ect.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:58 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Do the bar-b-que! That's a good idea, maybe we should do that too! I've heard people telling me that they're going to throw me a shower (I'm in the same situation, but opposite) but I don't think it's going to happen and we NEED stuff for our baby girl. She gets here in 7 weeks!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:00 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I threw my own. I did a cookout. I said in the invite. You have been invited to celebrate the soon-to-be-arrival of "Son's name," at our cookout. Not just Mommies this time.

It was a blast.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 10:45 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm having a BBQ next weekend, I invited all my family and friends, that way it is laid back and we get to celebrate my sons soon to be arrival! GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• your only supposed to throw a baby shower for the first baby..
    Anonymous

• i did my own, well me and my mom did because i hated when i went to other peoples showers or weddings and had to eat weird food and play games i didnt want to play, so we just got a bunch of pizzas and salad and breadsticks, diff kinds of soda, i made cupcakes instead of a cake and had a little cupcake tower holder thing and decorated them with little bottles and rattles and stuff and my mom made margaritas for all the non pregos and we had a really fun time! so do whatever you want, it is s party for you afterall, congrats and good luck, also happy mothers day
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 1:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• who says your only suppose to throw a baby shower for the first baby? and what if you werent able to have one with your first, are you denied a babyshower forever because of that? That is absolutely ridiculous! Have your baby shower, and have fun! Do the bbq! I didnt even think of that and i think that sounds like such a great idea that im going to do that too! Have fun!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I didnt get to have a shower for my 1st. besides, this is a boy not a girl so its not like i have things for him anyway... i'm not putting pink things on him because thats all i have. he need things for him self too. thanks for all the input. i feel better knowing that its not a bad thing to throw a shower for him... i just need to figure out what to do with everyone now.... thanks girls!
    ShAystTurtlebug

Answer by ShAystTurtlebug at 8:14 AM on May. 11, 2009