How much do you put your children on the backburner, and ignore their needs, or dreams due to your indebtness finanially

In another group and in real life each day everyone that incurred debts had the forethought of life happily ever after. Not that it's terrible to have dreams, aspirations and goals, but does it not seem that no one in this day in and day out, "when it's all over"...........when all the extra added movement, and unnecessary burdens are dealt, what "IS THERE"? I mean it's just extra burdens, it's all piled up mountains of future diry laundry and piles of extra things to weigh people down. Doesn't >>>>>>>> NOW COUNT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• HUH?confused

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My son always comes first!

It's Mother's Day.  Enjoy it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Well if every one has to cut back in our house because of financial problems.. The kids will have to too..I am not going to make them think nothing is wrong,,and go into worse debt...They need to understand that sometimes you do not get eveything in life. It's a good learning tool for them..

As for putting them on the back burner,,, NO,, they would still get what they needed,,just not what they wanted.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My daughter ALWAYS comes first. My house is frequently a mess simply because I would rather be spending that time with her, the laundry isn't going anywhere.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:14 AM on May. 10, 2009

• banging head into wallStop doing this. Stop making excuses.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Ok, if I can decipher the hub-ub of this question, what I think you're asking is are we too worried about housework and money to live in the present. No, I work 2 jobs and go to school full time, but my primary job and school I get to work from home so I am with my children most of the time. I don't think it is crazy to plan for the future though. Yes, going to school is time consuming and takes some of my attention, but I have a teaching job waiting for me when I am through that will allow me to make full time money (more than I make now) in about 24 hours a week from home. Making financial investments is equally as important. One day we will want to retire and enjoy our time and if there is no money to do so, we will either burden our children, burden the tax payers, and either way will not be able to enjoy our retirement.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:50 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Wow so much anger.
    When money is tight everyone has to sacrifice. My daughter will know that but because she is only a child it isn't pushed on her. There is a limit to what she can understand. My husband and I always do the best we can to give her everything she needs and make sure that once in a while she gets what she wants even if money is tight because she is a kid.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My kids get whatever they need at anytime, it is called being a responsible parent!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:24 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Scarcity is a difficult place to be in!

My children are always on the front burner no matter how many burdens I may seem to have! The only burden is giving into all of the choices made as a problem!

Kids are great helpers & have the best medicine to handle what ever challenges faced! I get my kids involved with doing the laundry (doesn't have to be folded my way) they help with business (filing, taking out the trash, stuffing envelopes etc.) They help out with all the chores. When we want to go on vacation the kids do extra things to earn spending money. One son washes neighbors cars, sells candy bars, mows lawns - what ever it takes to be part of the team.

It does not cost much to put together a picnic! Go to your local tourist spots like a tourist! Take your kids to a local farm & pay them $20 for a quick tour! Turn off all phones & go swimming in a lake!

Dreams & Goals ARE Important!
    Kids Are NEVER A Burden!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 11:30 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Dreams & Goals ARE Important! Kids Are NEVER A Burden!

way to go

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:44 AM on May. 10, 2009