Totally theoretical question about some type of natural or man made disaster.

If you got separated from your SO some how through a disaster (hurricane, flood, mass mad bombers). For the sake of this argument, let's say your SO had your kid(s). After the disaster you search high and low for years to find your family to no avail (they have of course been searching for you as well. lol). Would you eventually give up, move on and start a new family?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Probably not. That's not to say that I would never meet people who I could have strong feelings for. But I wouldn't have any more children, and I would never re-marry. But then again I've already decided that if something should happen to my husband I don't want to marry again. When someone you love is missing, I don't think you ever really give up on finding them. I would look every stranger square in the eyes, in hopes of some kind of recognition.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:16 AM on May. 10, 2009

• No, I would not give up the search!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Why would you ask such a tragic question like that?Are you feeling okay?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I would never give up searching for my family. My family is my life!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:51 AM on May. 10, 2009

• depends on how much I liked him and how the kids treated me when they left! ok, that's a joke. Since he was an SO I don't know that I'd search forever; however, with that said, he is special ops in the Air Force. He'd find me. He is prepared for everything. He's already said what to do in that case (where to meet). Good idea for others to plan like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 AM on May. 10, 2009