Christians:If you are teaching your child your beliefs why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• why not?
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:22 AM on May. 10, 2009

• My thoughts exactly, Gabenmikeysmom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I teach my child to be respectful, to love and to trust herself. That is what a parent should do. She will know about religion but the rest is up to her.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:26 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm teaching him the foundation, the history, the development, but he's allowed to make his own decisions on the specifics (like the trinity/hell/biblical fallibility) and even as to whether or not he believes it at all.
    I'm also going to teach him about all the other religions (or the ones I can find info on, as there are so many), and he can decide what he thinks about those, too.
    Its more important to me for him to understand WHY people believe as they do, and to respect it, than it is for him to adhere to the specific beliefs I have for myself.
    I want to raise him to ask questions, to think for himself, and to come to his own understanding, but in order to do that he needs to know the basic foundations and the different influences and all.
    I want any decision he makes to be an informed one, where he understands no only what he's embracing, but also what he's rejecting.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:40 AM on May. 10, 2009

• As long as he understands, and he's respectful to people of all walks, I'm fine with whatever he chooses.
    =)
    bandgeek521

• There are just a few questions on here questioning if it right for a child to be taught religion I wanted to have some good news, good thought on teaching our child our path. I hit enter before I had a chance to add more to the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Anna, I have learned atheist and pagans are afraid of Christians spreading the good news, there is a huge need to troll. I don't go onto questions asking what I do during the full moon, but then again I have respect for others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Because it's my moral obligation to teach the ways of God and Jesus Christ. I am instructed to do this. Deut 6:5-9 I pray that he will never depart from Jesus Christ. He knows of many religions, and knows that our is not a religion but a way of life. To accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and to do the will of God. Many claim to know God but not all will enter the gates of heaven.
    Matthew 7:21. This is why I teach my son, who is a gift from God~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Well, yes. It would be almost impossible not to. My parenting is based in my beliefs which are based in the Christianity. I can actually tell my children why it is wrong to steal, lie, murder, cheat, be unkind, etc. There is a base for our morals instead of saying "because it is that's all". We have something to back us up.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:22 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Parenting is about teaching. I am not sure why you would even ask this question. As a person that has faith in God I have raised my three daughters about that knowledge. Jesus said " I am the Way, the Truth and the ." Don't you want to teach your children about the things that you know ? You teach them to brush their teeth. Without doing so you may end up with a mouth full of cavities. Wash your hand. Take care of your things. On and on the list goes. There is a creator. God loves you. He is with you. There is a plan for your life . You are accountable to someone higher than yourself. These are basics of teaching any child. What are you really asking? Would I withhold these facts from my child? grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 11:30 AM on May. 10, 2009