7 month old wants solid foods to hold what should i give him?

he has no teeth obviously..i give him wagon wheels and just watch him closely..any ideas???

tullysmom

Asked by tullysmom at 11:19 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start giving him bites of what you're eating as long as he's been tried on it already. Teeth don't matter because they don't chew with teeth until they have molars. If you can smash it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth, he can gum it!

If he's already eating wagon wheels, he's already had wheat and if there was no reaction...he's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:44 AM on May. 10, 2009

• The crust off of a slice of toast bread, you may have to keep an eye on him but bread gets soggy and doesn't hurt if too much is swallowed.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:24 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Have you tried the gerber fruit puffs, they pretty much dissolve in the mouth... No teeth yet?? I can't think of anything else.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:26 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Try a banana. Or they have these little things that are mesh bags with a handle, you can get them at walmart. You can put a piece of fruit inside of the bag and he can chew on it, and you can be sure that he wont choke on it.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Wheat is an allergy trigger food and should not be given to a baby under the age of 1. Great finger foods are puffed brown rice, avocado, baked sweet potatoes
    www.superbabyfoods.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I saw this "baby safe feeder" online at onestepahead.com i thought it was very nice , maybe that would help...
    http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6356&parentCategoryId=85181&categoryId=85206&PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=2b3517bc7f0000011cf1e4ebae207568
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:48 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I gave my daughter table food at 6 months. Just made sure it was tender and let her have at it. Toast, meat strips, eggs cut into strips, steamed veggies.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:23 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My son wanted to hold his food too. Since he loved fruits, I got him a thing that had mesh on one side and you could put food inside. I can't remember what it's called, but he LOVED it. Of course he won't eat vegetables or fruits now, but he sucked on those forever.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2009

• try not to give him any solid food that is soft like banana or cucumber or potato until u r watching him coz his gum may cut a small piece which he could not eat try to give him carrot or soft biscuit that dissolve once it get inside his mouth

nonaakliken

Answer by nonaakliken at 2:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Get him used to healthy things....i.e. avocado and bananas....not a bunch or bread....

One of the biggest misconceptions is that babies shouldn't have solid food until they have teeth. that's not true...they don't "chew" the food. The mash it with their gums.....
    anyway, avocado was my DD's first when she was 6 months and she loves it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:40 PM on May. 10, 2009