"Unwanted Children: Parents Need to Accept and Love Their Ugly Kids"

I came across this article, "Unwanted Children: Parents Need to Accept and Love Their Ugly Kids"- Associated Content. As I read, it was shocking to hear that this is knowledge, and not just misperception by the child (as an adult).

I wasn't exactly an attractive child according to what my sister relayed from my mother. But I found out that there's a silver lining. As a young adult, I had the "ball" dropped on me, and lived a scared and careful life. It was hard psychologically, but later in my life a friend told me that my hard work and careful life protected me from many consequences. I am still fairly young, my daughter said that she respects my decision making, and loves me for it.

I feel that this article is accurate about less than attractive kids. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• its sad... but true....
    It shouldnt matter a childs look.... they should be loved anyway.
    unconditionally....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:41 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I've never known of a parent yet that didn't see their child as beautiful.
    I tell my kids that looks aren't important that it's how pretty you are on the inside and how they're lucky because they were blessed with inner and outer beauty.
    Too bad so many people see themselves as homely or ugly even when everyone around them sees beauty tho. Personally I think the media hype is partially to blame with all of the beautiful people, and it's a shame that the kids don't see those people without make up because they look just like the rest of us, and some aren't as attractive.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:47 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I see ugly babies and children, but the parents love them no matter what. What kind of parent wouldn't?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 10, 2009

• WOW, I can't believe there are such shallow people out there that would treat their children that way due to their looks- I guess I have always kept my head in the sand, but I think ALL kids are cute!
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 6:12 PM on May. 10, 2009