• In the Spotlight:

Morals: Christian versus Atheist

Christians seem to believe that it is wrong to do anything immoral because God said so, but Atheists believe it's wrong REGARDLESS of whether or not God exists. I think this gives the Atheist a much stronger moral foundation than the Christian.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:42 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am moral, because it is good for society. I work to make this world a better place. I put value in this life. I understand the my actions affect those around me, even when I don't have direct contact with them. How I treat the waitress who serves me dinner, affects the way she treats her next customer, her family, or her dog. It all ripples out like a stone throne into a pond.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 6:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• me thinks that this is a loaded question.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:46 AM on May. 10, 2009

• LOL of course that is what you think. You need this to feel self righteous and better, than by all means go ahead and believe that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Interesting point.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:48 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Because many non-Christains (who are Christain like) live by decisions by consequences play out here in our current live, toward humanity. Seems like many Christains do good to please God (to go to heaven) which is essentially a very selfish reason. I believe that the non-Christain (who lives a Christian like life) has more noble principles.

This is not absolute, but I believe the majority of the time. There are other reasons too. But this reason I feel is most relevant to the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 10, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1451616/Being_a_Christian_is_the_easy_way_out_Interesting_idea

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:53 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Oh, Anon, you are the one wanting to always be right and seeking out attention with your less than witty comments that make you look nothing but pathetic.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:02 PM on May. 10, 2009

• IhartU,

I was actually backing you.
    Anonymous

• Not you Anon... the other one! Too many Anons... lol.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If God were taken out of the equation, would Christians/Believers STILL behave morally? Do they only do good things because they are told to, out of fear of punishment or because they are promised a wonderful afterlife if they act properly?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:09 PM on May. 10, 2009