Porn

Ok so am i just being over sensitive or what? My husband of 3 months I just found out is addicted to porn, I found it out for myself accidentally looking in history...It really disturbs me he said he doesn't know why he does it but It hurts me and makes me feel like Im not what he wants at all...HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow...how ugly and unsupportive can women be?

having gone through this, he needs help and you need to give him an ultimatum.
    Forget those insensitive dummie who tell you all men do it, it's a lie they use to comfort themselves.

The bottom line is he's doing something that is hurting YOU and your relationship. Doesn't matter if it's porn or alcohol or drugs, it's still hurting you. Sorry that other so-called women can't be more supportive of how you feel.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 4:14 PM on May. 10, 2009

• The two of you could use couples counseling; you shold be able to find someone with a sliding scale if your insurance will not cover it. If he won't go, go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i know for a fact that my own father watches porn but i know he loves my mom and appreciates her n everything.porn is not considered cheating.hes a man and every man has a little bit of perve in them.as long as its not to the point where hes picking watching porn over you then i dont see a problem with it.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:52 AM on May. 10, 2009

• He needs professional help, NOW. That is addiction. It will cause problems in the long run if you don't do something NOW I would be on the phone first thing in the morning without a doubt. GL
    It also has nothing to do with you its an addiction that he needs to overcome. You as his wife can support him and stand by him.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:53 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree with desi2sweet. my father and my husband both watch porn. i could care less. it does not mean he is cheating on me and it is not a form of cheating. my husband comes to me for sex and no one else. i also could care less if he masturbates. it is not an addiction unless he is not having sex with you and always masturbating to porn. 98% of men watch porn and/or masturbate. it is human nature. not addiction.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Don't make this about how men just do this. Not all men do. And some who do watch it do become addicted to it. Those who do need HELP. Both of you should go to counseling and he prob. should go to individual counseling.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 1:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It can be an addiction if he is still having sex with you. Saying that is a biased response. He absolutely can be addicted and still have sex with you.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 1:02 PM on May. 10, 2009

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364749,00.html
    1. Your partner is not as social as he used to be.
    2. Your partner lacks interest in sex or is sexually unresponsive. If you have sex it is because you initiated it.
    3. Your partner is being uncharacteristically demanding or rough during sex.
    4. Your partner does not seem “present.”
    5. Your partner has started to nit-pick your appearance.
    6. You feel like you’re no longer getting straight answers from your lover.
    7. Your partner is practically wed to the Internet.
    8. You’ve noticed a change in your partner’s demeanor.
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with my husband watching porn. I'm the one that usually buys it so that it's a little more girl friendly. I don't care if he masturbates either. It would be one thing if that was all he was doing and we wern't having sex anymore but that's not the case. I don't see it as cheating and I don't see it as he'd rather look at those women instead of me. I'm secure enough in myself and our relationship.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:12 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree. I wouldn't have put it as bluntly but I agree that women should be more supportive. If it were something else like drugs or alcohol then others probably wouldn't be ignoring the problem. It doesn't matter if any of you are ok with porn. This isn't about YOU being ok with porn or not or even about her being unreasonable about porn. He has a problem and that adds to her feelings of already not liking porn in her relationship.

I personally feel for you. I would not want to be going through this. I hope things work out for you both.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 4:54 PM on May. 10, 2009