What is the best shoe's to walk in "alot"?

I stand on my feet 10-13 hours a day and my feet feel like I'M WALKING ON BARE BONE on my heels! It GET TO BE SO PAINFUL! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• New Balance is GREAT for walking in and being on your feet.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:08 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Bare bone on your heels...Sounds like you may have Plantar Fasciitis.  You need shoes with good support and orthopedic shoe inserts.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/ds00508

Anonymous

• * or orthopedic shoe inserts that are made for you. Do you have a Good Feet store in your area?

http://www.goodfeet.com/index.html

Anonymous

• I used to sell shoes. New Balance- anything over 600. (they are numbered) The higher the number the better the shoe! I have 722 I believe they are (some where in the 700) they are amazing. They go all the way up above a 1000. Depends how much money you want to spend. The higher the number the more money its going to cost (obviously) but they really are great shoes.

BTW I work in a nursing home so I'm on my feel for the whole 8 hour shift on concrete! I never have any feet pains.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm a fan of new balance as well. but I would have to say that you should go to the shoe store and find a pair of shoes that has the right arch support as well. also a gel/shock absorbing insole helps quite a bit in any shoe. but you have to change those quite frequently.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I love my Birkenstocks.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm the person who posted about the Plantar Fasciitis.

I couldn't walk for a long distance because I would start to feel pain in my foot - mostly heal area. I thought that my shoes were the culprit so I bought a brand new pair (New Balance..the only athletic shoe that I will wear). I wasn't feeling any comfort so I went to a store that specializes in ortho shoes and inserts. Did the test and learned that I have Plantar Fasciitis. I bought orthopedic inserts and they have helped tremendously. I don't feel any pain when I wear them.
    Anonymous

• I used to say New Balance because I have alot of foot problems and back problems when standing too. However, I do want to let you know that others that have worked for me: Asics, Earth Shoes (from a good shoe store, not the Walmart brand), they have a negative heel, which helps align your spine. Also this past winter I have begun wearing Merrills. I absolutely love them.

Now here is what you have to remember: Everyone's foot is different. Yes, they say Birkenstocks and Earth Shoes are probably about the best to buy, BUT not everyone's foot will be comfortable in Birkenstocks or Earth Shoes. Go out and try them on, wear them around the store.

Something else to remember: Your feet swell when you are on standing on them, so go ahead and buy a size bigger or half size bigger.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• sneakers
    Anonymous

• New Balance are the best. I used to walk 18 miles a day and tried every brand I could find. Even though I can't walk very much anymore, I still use New Balance shoes.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 2:21 PM on May. 10, 2009