What is wrong with my 3 year old?

He keeps pooping on his bedroom floor. He will pull his underware down and poop on the floor and then pull then back up and go to bed, and if i dont see it before they wake up in the morning it is everywhere. He has spread it all over the walls and his toys. im sick of it. he even hides his poop. hes put it down the vent in his dresser and even under his bead. HELP!

mandie_12_21

Asked by mandie_12_21 at 12:28 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had this exact problem!! It was actually only last week that he would do this. He has no problem peeing in the potty any more, his problem was poop. I tried bribes, stickers, books, but nothing worked!! I put pull ups back on him and watched him carefully. Usually he is in the same room as I am. If I see hom straining, I take him to the toilet and put him on it. Then I tell him that he can not play with toys, watch tv, or have a drink or eat until he has pooped. He will sit on the potty and poop. I am so excited. For the past two days he has pooped in the potty. It will take him a while, but he will get it. I also read that boy's bowl movements are more random than girls. They're harder to predict. Who knows, just be patient. He will get it and life will be so much nicer.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry but when I read your problem, I burst into laughter. Only because KIDS ARE CRAZY!!!! My son had that problem and according to my mother-inlaw, when my husband was little he had that problem as well. LOL Come to find out, even though my son would pee in the potty, it scared him to poop in the potty. Childrens bowels are different from ours. We can control ours much better than they can. And to go along with Krissy, boys hormones cause their poopies to be more speratic, but in time it will balance out. Now my son poops in the potty and likes to pee in things such as buckets, cups sitting on the floor and flower pots. He will be playing outside with me and pull his pants down and say "I'm watering the grass". lol Boys are funny like that. Each year of their life comes a new "stage". :) He will grow outta this one...I'm sure of it.
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 3:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Hey! I'm in the same problem as you. I just posted the same question now. My son will pee in the potty with no problem, but he will not poop in the potty and pulls his pants down and goes. Sometimes he leaves it on the floor other times he will flush it down the potty. I have no idea why he will not poop in the potty. I've tried every kind of bribe and it don't work. It was soo much easier to train my dog to poop outside then to get my 4 yr. old to poop in the potty. Any ideas let me know and I will do the same for you.
    Elaina_29

Answer by Elaina_29 at 11:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My three year old son has gone poop in the potty for four days now. My problem is that he insists on wearing a diaper in the tub! He told me he's afraid of the poop.... my suggestion would be to put an extra potty chair in his bedroom at night. Decorate the potty chair with stickers each time he poops in it or try to keep an eye on when he's straining or ask him every hour if he has to poop. Good luck!
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 10:17 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My husband's nephew did the same thing! Since we were taking care of him at the time, I had to deal with the mess. (His dad worked out of town and we watched him while my husband's sister went to visit for two weeks.) I finally sat him down and explained to him that poop was full of germs that could make us all very sick. It was dirty, that's why we had to do it in the potty. Surprisingly, that worked. I just had to explain it to him in terms he could understand.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:03 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I feel for you ladies. I am going to go thank my lucky stars my son never did this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 13, 2009