a question for biomed moms...

i want to begin the biomed approach for my boy. i googled some dr.'s in my area and only found one in culver city, ca, Karima Hirani. going to culver city is not a problem for me but i just want to see if anyone can recommend someone they know and respect. i live in orange county, ca. i know it can get expensive so i don't want to end up with someone who doesn't know what they're doing. also, i would love any advice or comments that you think may be useful..thanks again! all of your advice and success stories have been wonderful and have given me hope...

nairda

Asked by nairda at 12:31 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Did you check the DAN! list on the Autism Research Institute's website? (http://www.autism.com/dan/danusdis.htm). The folks on these lists (different types of practioners) have attended DAN! training seminars for clinicians so they should be qualified to help you. Oh, and if you don't know, DAN! stands for Defeat Autism Now!.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• What is the biomed approach? I have heard of biofeedback, but not biomed. Thanks. Sorry I can't help you out though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• it's a natural way to help children with Autism, ADD, ADHD and other disorders like these. you make diet changes and take supplements in order to balance out vitamins and minerals in the body so it is functioning like it should. i'm just learning about it so i want to get more info...
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:43 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Not familiar with any docs in that area but you might want to ask about cerebral allergies (delayed food hypersensitivites that impact brain function) and if they test for that. Also, hair analysis should be done to determine if your child is detoxing properly. Of course, blood work, urine/stool samples, perhaps testing for yeast levels if that is suspect. So many things may be taking place that it's hard toknow exactly where to start until testing is done. Leaky gut could be an issue, histamine levels could be problematic, etc but blood work should help determine exactly what's going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I have a home based business that has a product that will detox the body of heavy metals and toxins. I think you are on the right track to naturally help your child. But we are continually being bombarded with toxins daily and we need a detox that we can use daily. This is simple, safe and tasteless. Just 3 drop 3 times a day in juice or any liquid. take a look at www.liquidzeolite.org    and www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers. Message me if you want more info or how to order.  godd luck in your search.  I do think you will be pleased with this product.    Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:02 AM on May. 11, 2009

• That's what it is? I know no one in my area that offers this, I will have to do some research..my son has ADHD and I am willing to try other methods to help him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 AM on May. 11, 2009