• In the Spotlight:

Would it bother you?

If none of your loved ones, let's say son, 8 years old, his dad, the soon-to-be-ex, didn't wish you happy mother's day, and not celebrate by either a flower, dinner or whatever, would it be a little disturbing to you?
We supposedly have a family of his here in this town but not close with them. My whole family is on the other hemisphere. Besides that I have on line friends, and a couple friends here in town, who I think are going out and celebrating.
So I ma kind of feeling left out of this whole Mother's Day thingy. Yeap, I guess I am whining and feeling like crying.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 12:57 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• It would bother me if my son didn't say it. But as far as the rest, I'm not their mom so it doesn't bother me.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:58 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If he is a soon to be ex why does it matter?
    Anonymous

• I edited my question, and I admit I am feeling a little depressed.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:03 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Don't get depressed over this. It's really not that big of a deal. Also, remember, your son is a BOY, I think they are genetically unable to remember "important" days. Just do something special for yourself. Take yourself out to dinner and a movie and leave your son with DH.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:07 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree with Diva.

Anonymous

• if you don't like something then change it. I mean, have a Mother's Day dinner (for yourself and other Mothers in the family). Don't whine about what others are not giving you. Give it to yourself. teach them what you want. Have your son help make the dinner. Show him what you want Mother's Day to be and he'll continue doing it when he's older. If you want a gift then do like the rest of us, go buy what you want and thank them for the gift. It's silly to cry about something others are not giving you when they probably have no clue what to do for you for the day. SHOW THEM. maybe they will catch on. If not, repeat each yr until it sinks in. Seize the Day! It's your's. Now go make it special.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I am actually doing something that I love which is redecorating and reorganizing the house, refinishing and painting some furniture. Nothing lifts spirits like the smell of paint, hehehehehehe. Thank you Guys.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 1:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Yes that would bother me as well. Sweetie HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. Please cheer up if you need to cry then cry it may make you feel better. I am so sorry that you feel left out. I really hope your day gets better. Go and do something for yourself today whatever it may be if that will make you feel better then go and do it. Have a wonderful day sweetie :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm used to it. My kids did with me a Happy Mother's Day today but the only reason they knew about it was because they made projects at school. A couple years ago no one said anything to me. Same thing on my birthday. Last year I got nothing...not a single card, flower, gift or a Happy Birthday. It was just another day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• No because looking into my children's faces is a big enough "happy mothers day" for me. Especially my new son ( 9 weeks). It took me 3 years and 2 miscarriages to "get him"..
    Anonymous