My 9 month old just started doing this weird thing with his tongue. It's hard to describe but I'm wondering if it could mean some sort of neurological problem or him just finding his tongue. Anyone have any answers?

His tongue moves over to one side and sometimes it's doing this weird folding thing.

dazzledew

Asked by dazzledew at 12:57 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's just finding the use of his tongue mom. It's normal.
    Anonymous

• i THOUGHT THE SAME THING WITH MY 5 MONTH OLD, he sticks his tongue out and makes it fat and then pointy then wiggles it and so on. He plays with his hands alot too but I think he is fine because he is very smart! He is just learning about his body parts.
    Sunnyspot1118

Answer by Sunnyspot1118 at 1:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My DD started doing the same thing at about 8 months. Now she does all sorts of funny things with it! Shes discovered it =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• lol now my son is only 8 weeks, but the first time he started doing this weird thing with his tongue, i thought "what is he doing...he's never done that before" then he puked all over me!!! :) all i could do was laugh at myself! anyways, i think he's just figuring out that he has control over his tongue. my sons always sticking his tongue out or rolling it around in his mouth.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My daughter used to do weird tongue things and I thought something was wrong but realized she just "found" her tongue.
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 1:24 AM on May. 11, 2009